NCD Nucleus Coffee Distributor
The NCD (Nucleus Coffee Distributor, previously OCD) is a revolutionary and luxurious coffee distribution tool designed by former World Barista Champion Sasa Sestic from Ona. Perfect for any cafe or home, NCD's patented design distributes each of your coffee dose precisely to maximise flavour from each puck.
The latest version brings together all the features we love, and take it further to the next level with an anti-static coating and non-slip textured sides. The depth is easily adjustable with guided markings along its side to accommodate the desired dose and basket depth.
- The four uniquely styled blades not only allow for faster and even distribution of coffee, but with the advanced, anti-static coating, significantly reduce the amount of coffee that sticks to the tool after each use.
- The textured sides and sturdy weight from its all-metal design provide a great hand feel and easy grip. Grooved to grip your fingers, they also are non-slip for those fast-paced days.
- This tool can even suit those using very low doses or larger baskets and can be adjusted to suit a range of doses, depending on specific roasting styles.
- No need to collapse the dose. After extensive taste testing with multiple coffees and different roasting styles, Nucleus have found any form of collapsing to stratify grinds, creating very inconsistent extraction and qualities of taste (separate to yield). Each barista will also collapse differently, creating yet another inconsistency in the cafe. The NCD takes the same time to create a more even and consistent puck, giving more consistent and delicious extractions.
- Less micro-channelling and channelling, improper or rushed distribution, is more likely to channel which can be disastrous to taste. Micro-channelling is also difficult to see at times and is more likely to happen with no distribution or inconsistent distribution - the NCD will remove this variable.
- Easily adjustable depth, simply loosen off the top section, set depth required using measured increments, tighten the top section back down.
- The NCD also features an advanced, static-reducing coating on the cross-arm base, eliminating the build-up of coffee grinds on the base.
- The NCD coating is low friction and also low static, it is almost a 0% friction material.
- The weight has also been adjusted so it is not as top-heavy, making it a little lighter overall. This improved weight distribution ensures a lower centre of gravity when being spun. This makes the workflow easier and the distribution more consistent.
- Available in Black, Titanium and Silver.
- Diameter: 58.5mm (Fits IMS or VST baskets)
- Material: Stainless Steel (Centre part), Anodized Aluminium (Adjuster & Locker)
- Dimensions: 90mm (W) x 90mm (L) x 58mm (H)
- Approximate Weight: 290g