Enjoy as Filter or Espresso
- Country: Colombia
- Area: Chinchina, Caldas
- Varietals: Colombia & Castillo
- Processing: 72 hour anaerobic fermentation
- Producers: Small producers of the Villamaria association
- Farm: Small producers farms
- Mill: Jamaica washing station
Grape, lemon & strawberry
Roast to Order:
- Order Cut-off: Every Tuesday 2pm
- Roast: Every Wednesday
- Dispatch: 1 day after roasting
- Whole bean only
This coffee is from a Raw Material owned mill called Jamaica. They do something uncommonly done in Colombia which is accept delivery of whole cherries from small producers instead of just just requiring the producers to process the coffee to parchment.
The whole cherry fermentation process takes place in an anaerobic environment for 72 hours while keeping the temperatures stable. After 72 hours the cherry is moved to drying beds, where they are turned regularly for 15 days. Following the slow drying of these cherries, they are moved to a mechanical dryer to complete the process, before the cherry fruit is removed.